GREENSBORO, N.C. (November 8, 2012) — From the floor of the U.S. House of Representatives, to the North Carolina Governors’ Mansion, to the Guilford County Commissioner’s chambers and the office of the Mayor of Greensboro Brady has been recognized for 50 years of providing high-efficiency HVAC systems and comprehensive building solutions for commercial and industrial facilities across North Carolina. The company has even received letters of appreciation from two U.S. Senators.
“It is the hard work and dedication of our associates that have made Brady a thriving and successful business,” said Jim Brady, president. “It is a great honor to have elected our officials from across the state expressed appreciation for our associates work.”
North Carolina Governor Bev Perdue and Greensboro Mayor Robbie Perkins proclaimed “Celebration of Brady Day” earlier this year. U.S. Congressman Howard Coble stood on the House floor and read into the Congressional Record Brady’s contributions to the betterment of life in North Carolina. Both U.S. Senators from North Carolina Kay Hagan and Richard Burr wrote letters of appreciation. Most recently, Melvin “Skip” Alston, chairman of the Guilford County Board of Commissioners, recognized the 50th anniversary of Brady at their monthly meeting. The officials noted several firsts in North Carolina achieved by Brady. These include being:
- One of the first companies to supply air conditioning to hospitals and medical facilities in the state
- The first company to supply net-zero cost to the taxpayers for energy efficiency improvements to state government facilities in the form of performance contracting
- The provider of the first higher education performance contract in North Carolina at the University of North Carolina Greensboro
They went on to recognize the company’s contribution to bettering the lives of North Carolina citizens through environmental protection efforts and support of education programs across the state including:
- One of only 54 refrigerant reclaim facilities in the United States
- Sponsorship of the North Carolina Superintendent of the Year award for K-12 education
- Donating equipment and scholarship funding to community colleges, universities and other institutions of higher learning
The business community has also recognized Brady over the past three years with the following:
- The Piedmont Business Ethics Award by the Greensboro chapter of the Society of Financial Service Professionals
- Recognition as a Top Workplace by the Greensboro News & Record in 2011 and 2012
- Recognition as the 2012 NC Family Owned Business of the Year for a mid-sized company by the Family Business Center
- Receiving an international award by the American Society of Heating, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) for the improvements made to the North Carolina Museum of Art
Celebrating its 50th year, Brady is headquartered in Greensboro, North Carolina with locations in Raleigh, Durham, Fayetteville, Wilmington and Charlotte. Founded in 1962 by Chairman Don Brady, the company remains a family owned enterprise, today employing 328 associates. The company works with building owners, facility managers, developers, architects, engineers and contractors providing sustainable, comprehensive building solutions for commercial and industrial facilities. Brady provides customers with a diverse range of HVAC and building solutions including building automation, energy conservation, green design, performance contracts, access controls, security, mechanical systems, parts and supplies, as well as world-class technical support. For more information, visit www.bradyservices.com or call (800) 849-1915.